Looking to spend some time on the water or bask in the mountain sun during your mountain getaway? From boat rentals to stand-up paddleboard (SUP) rentals, there are an abundance of activities that will keep the entire family entertained.
Mountain Biking is such a fun way to get out and explore all that Breckenridge has to offer. Whether you are an advanced mountain biker or someone who has never done it before, there are plenty of trails for each ability.
The snow is melting and the mountain air is at a perfect temperature to be outside! The Best of Breckenridge team loves to enjoy their spare time outside wandering the trails in and around and in Breckenridge. So, we did our research in the office and asked everyone to share their favorites. Here’s what we found… the office really knows how to adventure out into the wilderness.
The magical feeling you get when you see the Tenmile Range as you come out of the Eisenhower Tunnel and into Summit County is an unforgettable experience. About a 60-minute drive from Denver, you will pass through many small towns along the way. Once you reach Silverthorne and Frisco, getting to Breckenridge is less than 30-minutues away. With five ski resorts within a 20-mile range of each other, come experience an adventure of a lifetime filled with delicious food, local shops, and picture-perfect views that everyone’s been talking about!
Amazing Grace first began as a natural food store in the early 80’s and shortly after transformed into a community eatery. This quaint yellow house is located two blocks off Main Street and offers some of the tastiest fresh-to-order breakfast and lunch one can imagine.
This mobile gourmet crepe truck is best known for their delicious crepes and their spectacular views! Located in the courtyard of Main Street Station near Maggie Pond and just steps away from Peak 9’s Quicksilver SuperChair, Trolley Crepes is the perfect spot to enjoy some of the best crepes in Breckenridge! Stop for breakfast, a mid-day lunch break or dessert and fill your tastebuds with one of their sweet or savory crepes! Stop by Trolley Crepes and enjoy some of the best crepes in Breckenridge.
Who doesn’t love Christmas year-round? When you walk into the balsam fir and cinnamon scented shop, you are surrounded by everything Christmas. What better way is there to get into the holiday spirit than feeling like you’re in a Hallmark movie walking into this magical store. The Christmas Store has custom ornaments made by local artists and unique decorations that make great gifts for your loved ones, or even treat yourself.
Both a restaurant and Tiki bar, when you walk into this island themed restaurant, you’ll think you’re on a tropical island. The employees will rock Hawaiian shirts even during the winter! Be sure to try one of their chicken and avocado bowls with a daquiri and it’ll take you to island time.
Enjoy an array of authentic churros and waffles made from scratch at Mimi & Pin. With many options to choose from, be sure to pair your sweet treat with a cup of Spanish hot chocolate or coffee to complete this delicious dessert.
With breathtaking views of Breckenridge ski resort, what better way to spend the afternoon watching the sunset overlooking the Tenmile Range? Traverse Restaurant is off the beaten path but not too far! After a short drive-up Boreas Pass Road, you will approach The Lodge at Breckenridge where the fine dining restaurant is located. Make sure to secure a table by the window for some of the best views f Breckenridge.
Do you want to build the best snowman? While on your next winter vacation, here are some tips for creating the best snowman! Even one that Frosty himself would be proud of!
Breckenridge is known for skiing and snowboarding but there are so many more activities beyond the slopes. If you’re looking for things to do in Breckenridge this winter, look no further! We’ve rounded up the best Breckenridge winter activities so you can spend less time planning and more time enjoying your winter getaway.
- Step outside and try a winter snowshoe hike at one of many trails on national forest land.
- Take a cross country ski lesson at the Breckenridge Nordic Center.
- Ice skate at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ice Rink just steps from the slopes of Peak 8.
- Enjoy a scenic horse-drawn sleigh ride and dinner at Gold Run Nordic Center.
- Sip hot cocoa at Ullr Café after a full day of skiing.
- Make reservations for a private yurt dining experience at Aurum.
- Challenge your mind and book an escape room for the family at the Gr8 Escape Room.
- Try your hand at axe throwing at MTN Axe Breckenridge on Main Street.
- Take a 6-mile dog sledding tour in the Swan River Valley.
- Explore the mountains on a guided snowmobiling tour.
- Hit the slopes and try skiing or snowboarding at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Pick up a sled or tube and hit one of the free sledding hills in Breckenridge.
- Stroll the Trollstigen Trail and discover a 15-foot-tall wooden troll hidden in the forest.
- Catch a Breckenridge Vipers ice hockey game at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
- For the early birds: get your blood pumping and uphill ski on Breckenridge Ski Resort before the lifts start turning.
- Treat yourself and enjoy a spa service at Infinity Spa.
- Shop for the perfect gift on Main Street.
- Catch a movie and enjoy a beer at The Eclipse.
- Take a Fat Bike beer and distillery tour around Breckenridge with Ridden.
- Watch blocks of snow transform into intricate art at the International Snow Sculpture Championships.
If you’re ready to book your trip check out our Breck Deals for slopeside accommodations in Breckenridge!