If you’re looking for a family-friendly summer vacation destination, look no further. Breckenridge is a summer paradise with mild temperatures, blue skies, high alpine lakes and stunning mountain vistas.
The snow is melting and the mountain air is at a perfect temperature to be outside! The Best of Breckenridge team loves to enjoy their spare time outside wandering the trails in and around and in Breckenridge. So, we did our research in the office and asked everyone to share their favorites. Here’s what we found… the office really knows how to adventure out into the wilderness.
We love the holiday season, but let’s face it, it normally comes with burn out. Now that the holidays are over and your New Year’s resolutions have been set, it’s time to treat yourself to the care you deserve. We’ve covered how to unwind in Breckenridge so rest and relaxation isn’t left off your travel itinerary.
Main Street Breckenridge sits at 9,600 feet and that can be a big adjustment if you’re coming from sea level! Take your time to acclimate and head to the O2 Lounge when you arrive. Choose from 15, 30 and 45 minute sessions or rent an oxygen machine to enjoy from the comfort of your hotel.
For an out of this world experience, try hyperbaric oxygen therapy. At Mountain Air Hyperbarics you’ll be zipped into a chamber that will slowly start to pressurize. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy increases the amount of oxygen your blood can carry which in turn can help promote healing, decrease inflammation, improve blood flow and circulation and more.
At Elite IV Lounge, you can choose from a slew of services to restore your body. Try a Myers Cocktail to alleviate muscle fatigue after a day on the mountain or the Altitude IV to help with any altitude sickness symptoms. If you have a little too much fun out on the town you can even select the Hangover IV.
A Breckenridge spa day is a must on the self-care list. Find ultimate relaxation at Infinity Spa at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8. Choose from a variety of body and skin therapies, massage and nail treatments and more. Pre-treatment, take advantage of the Relaxation Room in a digitally controlled lounge chair. Post-treatment, spend all the time you need in the exclusive adults-only grotto equipped with a hot tub, cold plunge, sauna and steam room.
Enjoy a Drink
Stay awhile and let yourself unwind. Sit down and enjoy the best happy hours in Breckenridge or enjoy a hot cup of coffee fireside at one of the best coffee shops in town. For a more immersive experience head to Breckenridge Distillery for a private after-hours tour and tasting.
Move Your Body
Breathe in and breathe out. Meta Yoga Studios offers classes like Yin & Vinyasa, Evening Yoga and even an Après Ski Yoga class to decompress after a day on the snow. Over at Bhava Yoga, opt for a restorative class or the Deep Hips & Hamstrings class and leave feeling rooted and renewed.
There is nothing better than the great outdoors and we have plenty of it here in Breck. Choose your adventure and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Take a winter hike, explore Cucumber Gulch Wildlife Preserve on cross-country skis or snowshoes, or get a thrill snowmobiling in the backcountry.
Main Street has over 200 shops so you can fill your day with the shopping spree of your dreams. Check out some of our favorites and take home a little slice of Breckenridge.
Learn a New Skill
Give yourself the gift of learning! Breckenridge Creative Arts (BreckCreate for short) was developed by the Town of Breckenridge to support and promote arts, culture and creative experiences. At BreckCreate you can choose from a variety of workshops like beginner welding, beginner metalsmithing and even beginner glass blowing.
Now it’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy all the self-care and fun that Breckenridge has to offer! If you’re looking for a relaxing place to stay with luxury amenities, head to our Breck Deals page for more information.
Breckenridge is known for skiing and snowboarding but there are so many more activities beyond the slopes. If you’re looking for things to do in Breckenridge this winter, look no further! We’ve rounded up the best Breckenridge winter activities so you can spend less time planning and more time enjoying your winter getaway.
- Step outside and try a winter snowshoe hike at one of many trails on national forest land.
- Take a cross country ski lesson at the Breckenridge Nordic Center.
- Ice skate at the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 Ice Rink just steps from the slopes of Peak 8.
- Enjoy a scenic horse-drawn sleigh ride and dinner at Gold Run Nordic Center.
- Sip hot cocoa at Ullr Café after a full day of skiing.
- Make reservations for a private yurt dining experience at Aurum.
- Challenge your mind and book an escape room for the family at the Gr8 Escape Room.
- Try your hand at axe throwing at MTN Axe Breckenridge on Main Street.
- Take a 6-mile dog sledding tour in the Swan River Valley.
- Explore the mountains on a guided snowmobiling tour.
- Hit the slopes and try skiing or snowboarding at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Pick up a sled or tube and hit one of the free sledding hills in Breckenridge.
- Stroll the Trollstigen Trail and discover a 15-foot-tall wooden troll hidden in the forest.
- Catch a Breckenridge Vipers ice hockey game at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
- For the early birds: get your blood pumping and uphill ski on Breckenridge Ski Resort before the lifts start turning.
- Treat yourself and enjoy a spa service at Infinity Spa.
- Shop for the perfect gift on Main Street.
- Catch a movie and enjoy a beer at The Eclipse.
- Take a Fat Bike beer and distillery tour around Breckenridge with Ridden.
- Watch blocks of snow transform into intricate art at the International Snow Sculpture Championships.
If you’re ready to book your trip check out our Breck Deals for slopeside accommodations in Breckenridge!
Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be over but that doesn’t mean you still can’t find great gifts for everyone on your list. Instead of shopping online, find local, handcrafted gifts on Breckenridge’s Main Street.
Choosing what to do or where to go on a date can sometimes be a little overwhelming. But hey, don’t sweat it – we’ve got you covered. Want to do something adrenaline-inducing? Got it. A fun night filled with drinks and music? You betcha. Something totally unique? Check. The Best of Breck team wants to share the love with you! Check out our top picks for an unforgettable time, night or day.
BE ADVENTUROUS 🌄
- Uphill Skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort: No ski pass? No problem. You don’t need a pass to skin; just follow the designated routes up the mountain and enjoy fresh tracks on the way down! (Remember, safety first!)
- Snowmobile Tours: For the ultimate snowmobile experience, sign up for a half-day or full-day excursion and get ready for an unforgettable date.
- Dog Sledding: Looking for something that’s not so extreme? Mush a team of adorable huskies in the Rockies with your loved one! Enjoy the views, make new furry friends, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Snow Coach Tours: A heated snow coach is perfect for those who want to enjoy the beauty of the Rockies in style!
- Hut Trip: Feeling bold? Get a unique backcountry experience and skin/split-board to your destination hut!
ADD BOOZE 🍻
- Take a tour of Breckenridge Distillery. It includes a tasting of their award-winning bourbon, classic vodka, and gin, so this one is kind of a no-brainer!*
- Grab 2 for 1 martinis at Cecilia’s Cocktail Bar & Nightclub! In addition to Breck’s longest happy hour (from 2 – 9 pm!), they also sport a full cigar room, and an impressive selection of over 60 different single malt scotches to beat the cold if martinis aren’t your thing! Garrett is our favorite bartender and makes a mean “Satan’s Soul Patch.” It’s a must-try (if you like bourbon).
- Grab a brew. Head over to Broken Compass Brewing and try the legendary Coconut Porter or the refreshing Ginger Pale Ale.
- Hit the club. Dance the night away to the DJ’s tune at Cecilia’s or Liquid Lounge.*
- Listen to live music (with a drink in hand, of course) at places like The Historic Brown, Motherloaded Tavern, Rocky Mountain Underground and The Riverwalk Center.*
GET ACTIVE 🎿
- Ski (or Snowboard), Duh! The ski resort boasts an endless variety of runs to accommodate every level of skier. From well-groomed greens to epic double-black diamond playgrounds, Breckenridge Ski Resort has a lot to love.
- Ridden Fat Bike and Brewery Tour: This is the perfect date idea for the adventurous couple! Get on a fat bike (any time of year!) and ride through town. Wake up those muscles, enjoy the cool mountain air, and end the day with a drink at Broken Compass Brewing or the Breckenridge Distillery.
- Snowshoeing or Cross-country Skiing: Guided or self-guided, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing are perfect ways to break a sweat and explore the beauty around you.
- Go for a Hike: Yes, you can go hiking in the winter!
BE ROMANTIC 💕
- Head over to the Speakeasy and catch the latest movie. (They serve beer and wine, too!)*
- Take a sleigh ride up the ski slopes of Breckenridge Ski Resort, or take a ride through town, and enjoy the stunning view!
- Take a stroll down Main Street and check out the beautiful views, eclectic mix of shops, and lights!
- Get pampered at the spa with a couple’s treatment.
- Find a nice overlook in town (Boreas Pass, Breckenridge Overlook, The Lodge at Breckenridge, Sapphire Point Overlook or Hoosier Pass) and watch the sunset.
GET ARTSY 🎨
- Take a pottery or glassblowing class with BreckCreate.
- Check out an art exhibition or art festival like WAVE: Light + Water + Sound, Breckenridge International Festival of Arts, International Snow Sculpture Championships, or Street Arts Festival.*
- Go to a musical or comedy show at the Breckenridge Backstage Theatre.*
- Test your painting skills at Ready, Paint, Fire!
- Watch a flick from the Summit Film Society at the Breck Film Fest.
Ready for an awesome date? Grab your loved one, get out there, and have FUN!
If you have little ones with you and are looking for a sitter while you go out on a date, click here for affordable child care options in Breckenridge.
*=May be restricted due to COVID-19